2018 Candidate Filing Week is May 14 - 18
Online Filing is Monday, May 14, 9:00 a.m. - Friday, May 18, 4:00 p.m.
Be prepared to:
(Link will be available here during filing week.)
- State Senators and Representatives, Legislative Districts 25, 27, 28, and 29
- Pierce County Auditor
- Pierce County Prosecuting Attorney
- Pierce County Council Districts No. 1, 5, and 7
- Court of Appeals Division 2, District 1, Position 3
- Pierce County District Court No. 1 - 8
- Tacoma Municipal Court Positions No. 1 - 3
- Precinct Committee Officer
Be sure to read the 2018 Election Guide for Candidates!
|Voters' pamphlet information will only be accepted through the online submittal process.|
PC or laptop use recommended.
The voters' pamphlet information you submit will be used both for the Primary Election and if you advance to the General Election. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please prepare the following in advance:
1. Biography - Word limit - 100
The biographical information must be 100 words or less allocated between four subsection headings.
Biographical information should be organized in accordance with the four subsection headings listed below. Subsection headings are not included in the word count.
- Elected Experience. (Judges use Legal/Judicial Experience)
- Other Professional Experience.
- Community Service.
The word limit for candidate statements is as follows:
- State Senator – 200 words (4 paragraphs allowed)
- State Representative – 100 words (2 paragraphs allowed)
- County offices – 200 words (4 paragraphs allowed)
- Judicial offices – 200 words (4 paragraphs allowed)
- All other local offices – 200 words (4 paragraphs allowed)
Each part of a hyphenated or slashed word will be counted as a separate word. (Example - "Around-the-corner" = 3 words)3. Photos
- You may submit one portrait photo. (Head and shoulders)
- Photos must be high resolution and no smaller than 2.5 x 3 inches. Less than 1 MB in size. (If larger, photo will take too long to load for the online guide.) Image size correction will not be made by Pierce County Elections.
- Clothing or insignia that suggest holding a public office are not allowed (e.g., judicial robes, law enforcement or military uniforms).
- Color or black and white photo. (Color will be used in the online guide, and converted to black and white for the printed Local Voters' Pamphlet.)
Candidate photos from previous Local Voters’ Pamphlets are not available for reuse. Candidate must submit a new photo online.